By Terri Steffes, of Our Good Life.
As a kid, I loved getting gumdrop candies at Christmas time. We had one of those cute little trees where we’d stick the gumdrop on the edge of the branch and it would stay there, maybe, all of five minutes before one of the three of us would eat it. Then I saw this simple recipe for gumdrop candies and knew that now I wouldn’t have to wait to Christmas to have them!
The recipe has simple ingredients you probably already have at home. That’s what is fun about making things for yourself, you know what you are putting into it!
- 1 1/2 cups Applesauce
- 2 1/4 cup Sugar
- 2 boxes (3 oz) Lime Jello ( or any green jello!)
- 2 envelopes Unflavored Gelatin
- Grease 13×9 jellyroll pan.
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Boil for one minute.
- Pour into prepared pan and refrigerate until set.
- Sprinkle counter with sugar.
- Use a spatula to loosen sides of jello mixture and turn out onto cutting board.
- Dust top of Jello with sugar.
- Dip cookie cutter in sugar, then cut out shapes from jello.
- Dip slices into more sugar and set aside to dry for an hour.
- Store in airtight container.
Just for fun: The Apollo 9 spacecraft was nicknamed Gumdrop due to its bell-like shape!