This Autumn has been beautiful, and the weather has been perfect for biking!
We absolutely love our local Greenways. They have worked so hard making wonderful trails around Springfield, creating The Link and working to have more and more bike lanes added to city streets. Because of the great work they do, it’s very easy to commute around town.
- Wear your helmet–it can save your life!
- Wear bright colored clothing and use safety lights at dawn, dusk and nighttime.
- Follow rules of the road.
- Be careful and mindful of your surroundings.
- The bicycle is a vehicle and has the right to be on the road and take up the entire lane, so please be courteous–only pass when it is safe for you AND the bicyclist.
- When passing, give cyclists at least 3 feet of space.
It’s a bit cold now, but hopefully we’ll see the return of nicer weather soon. If we do, maybe I’ll see some of you on the trails!
About Dani: Dani lives in Springfield with her husband, Brandon, and their critters. She is an educator at a zoo and one day hopes to live on a hobby farm and raise angora rabbits, chickens, goats and sheep. She creates whimsical wool art (www.goodnaturedbydani.etsy.