Five Ways to Be More Thankful This November

by Fawn Rechkemmer on November 4, 2013

Gratitude Week One

Good Monday morning, lovely ladies.

As November Blogger of the Month, I’ll be sharing thoughts on this month’s theme – Gratitude – each Monday.

Thanksgiving is by far my favorite holiday, and I start thinking about it the moment Halloween is over. For the past few days, I’ve been pondering specific ways that I can incorporate some much-needed thankfulness into my life.

I hope this list will inspire you to do the same:

5 Ways to Be More Thankful this November

1. For the writer:

Consider participating in the weekly Ten Things of Thankful link up. If you’d like to see how it’s done, read Melissa’s awesomely-titled post from this weekend: Ten Things of Thankful and Wondering Again Why There’s (Always) Vomit.

2. For the photographer/Instagrammer:

Positively Present is hosting a 30 Day Gratitude Photo Challenge. This is a great option for Instagram fans. Tag your photo and follow other participants with the hashtag #Gratitude30.

3. For the Facebook aficionado:

Head over to the 30 Days of Gratitude page where you’ll find a daily prompt to get you thinking about what you’re thankful for. You can reply in comments on the page, or post to your own wall (or do both.)

4. For the Pinner:

Consider starting a board dedicated to celebrating gratitude. If you search for “gratitude challenge” you’ll find plenty of examples.

5. For the DIY-er:

Crystal Paine talks a lot about gratitude on her site. Back in September, she featured a post from Victoria of Snail Pace Transformations describing how to make your own gratitude journal for $1. Be sure to read Crystal’s thoughts on keeping a gratitude journal too.

What are you doing to practice gratitude this month?

Victoria November 4, 2013 at 10:06 am

Thanks for mentioning my DIY gratitude journal. I really do love my journal I find it a great way to fall asleep concentrating on my blessings instead of tossing and turning on my troubles.

Shana Norris November 7, 2013 at 11:41 am

I have a roll of duct tape that will be just perfect for this project!

Mistie Thompson November 4, 2013 at 1:17 pm

Love the way you’ve broken the ideas out for different preferences – and I love the gratitude journal idea. I’m going to do my own and have my girls do them as well. Great post – thanks!

Shana Norris November 7, 2013 at 11:40 am

I’m planning to have my kids do them, too. Even the little guy, who can’t spell yet. He can draw pictures :)

Sarah @ Beauty School Dropout November 4, 2013 at 9:38 pm

I spend so much of my time on the computer, when it comes to thankfulness, I think unplugging is more my style. Off to check out the DIY gratitude journal!

Shana Norris November 7, 2013 at 11:39 am

I just need to write down my “thankfuls” in some way. Although we are replacing our regular “Pits and Cherries” with five things were thankful for at dinner each night.

Funky Wellies November 7, 2013 at 11:11 am

Gratitude is not usually something I do on-line, I think, apart from some blogposts. I like the idea of the gratitude journal very much. xx

Shana Norris November 7, 2013 at 11:37 am

Katia, I’m hoping that if I start a gratitude journal in November, I will continue the practice in coming months.

Comments on this entry are closed.

{ 1 trackback }