We’re a pretty independent lot in Missouri (or “Missou-rah”). See what I mean? We can’t even agree on the pronunciation of our state name!
But I think we can all agree that we’re a state chock-full of strong, intelligent women with something to say – and we’re certainly not afraid to say it. That’s what’s so exciting about Missouri Women Bloggers, the brainchild of Stephanie Buckley (aka The Park Wife), who founded Arkansas Women Bloggers in 2010 and expanded this movement to gather, grow, and connect across the South and Midwest.
BTW, I’m Mistie from My Heart’s In Dixie, and while I’m not a native Missourian, I’ve been a proud resident of my adopted state for 20 years and am so blessed to be your “hostess” on this journey.
This is not just a sign-up-and-forget-about-it kind of place. This is a jump-in-and-make-it-sing movement, and I can’t wait to hear y’all belting out a chorus that would put the Mormon Tabernacle Choir to shame! Here are just a few ideas for jumping into Missouri Women Bloggers:
1. Sign up here. It’s totally free, and we’ll never share your personal information without your permission.
2. Submit guest posts. You can find guidelines here, and we’d love to hear from you. Our monthly theme calendar is on the sidebar, and we have daily themes as well, including:
- Monday Blogger of the Month – can’t wait to see who the first “Miss” is!
- Tech Tuesday – this is so not me, so I really want to hear from all you tech-y experts out there!
- Wordless Wednesday – keep an eye out for themes and post your favorite photos – favorite sports team wars may occur at some point!
- Thursday Theme of the Month – musings on the monthly theme found on the sidebar – first up for October: Phobias (should be fun!)
- Foodie Fridays – take our monthly themes and run with them, Foodie Gals!
- Show-Me Sunday Link Up – share a post from your blog with all of us!
3. Get involved. We’re not letting you off the hook by just checking our Facebook page every so often. Nope, we want to hear from you. A lot. Every Sunday, we’ll have the Show-Me Sunday Link Up so you can share your favorite blog post of the week with us. We’d love for you to show your fellow MOWBers some love by checking out our featured bloggers’ sites. Jump in with those guest posts. And do all the easy stuff: share our button on your blog, “like” our Facebook page, and follow us on Twitter to see what all your new MOWB friends are doing. Oh, and please help us grow by inviting all your Missouri blogger friends to join as well! If you have any questions contact us anytime!